Labor Law: Personnel Policy and Strategies of Publishers in Crisis
During the session of Juridical Media Committee of Ukrainian Association of Press Publishers the Law Firm “Natalia Subota and Partners” was represented by the attorney-at-law Andrii Nechyporenko.
The official representative of the Law Firm analyzed the peculiarities of labor contracts, contracts of work and labor, service agreements and copyrights agreements, their terms, advantages and disadvantages for employers in his report.
Moreover, there were following subjects for discursion concerning activity of publishers in
- Employment process in printed media, contracts: labor, civil, copyrights agreements, their conception, advantages and disadvantages. Cooperation with private entrepreneurs.
- Arbitration clauses in contracts.
- The peculiarities of debts collecting in case of accounts receivable from advertisers, agencies and other parties to contracts of printed media.
- Publicity events, promotion, free newspaper distributing, gifts, presents, drawings etc.
- Taxation of publicity events, promotion, free newspapers distributing, gifts, presents, drawings etc.
- The possibility to use in promotion and drawings of non-free SMS for sending massages (in particular in the context of the Ukrainian Law “On Abolishment of Gambling Industry in Ukraine” which can become valid soon, from the perspective of possibility to receive “free participant status”).
- The possibility to held different events by editorials of print media as an “advertising agency” to have a chance to put all expenses in gross input (excluding 2% of limitation, which is foreseen in paragraph 5.4.4. of the Law “On a Taxation of Business Profits”).
- The moment when newspaper or magazine circulation can be accepted as the one which has no consumption value and the its writing off process.
The next session of Juridical Media Committee will be devoted to the activity of National expert Committee on the Protection of Public Morality.
Back to news list